Thursday 28 November 2013

Little Beginings

After a few days of thinking ideas for an original comic to write up I;ve finally decided to put pen to paper (or fingers to keys) and start building a script.

I have to give credit to the mighty being that is Google, without it I never would have found http://www.comicbookscriptarchive.com/archive/ which is probably the most helpful website imaginable. It contains real scripts and gets real feedback from real comic writers. I've been following Kyle Higgins Nightwing #8 script, and have ordered two copies of Nightwing #8 to help me see how everything falls together.

For writing my own, I have to say I'm not too savvy with how to bend Microsoft Word to my will, so I'm using the blank template provided by ComicBookScriptArchive and deleting their text to put my own in. At the moment I'm not too far in at all, but have to start somewhere!

Keep you posted on the progress I make; hoping I can dedicate a lot of time to this over the weekend because after work just isn't long enough!


No comments:

Post a Comment